Monday, January 28, 2008

Kitchen-ing 101

Kitchening 101

Hey – I’ve invited 700 for lunch – hope you can handle it – and by the way they’ll stay for dinner.

I have to admire these people who run the food side of life here at the University of the Nations. I think the kitchen was designed for about half the number now being fed – but somehow it all works out.

Besides it isn’t really about the food – it is about the people whom God is calling and teaching and the plans he has to use them in many ways around the world – it is about the stories of what He has done in the past and is doing today and will do in the future. It is about healing and breaking down and building up. Which brings me back to the lettuce.

A couple of cases of romaine to cut and clean and spin for 4 minutes in my new favorite toy, Get it well chilled and set it out to feed the people God wants to use I wonder where that nutrition will end up…. Asia? Africa? Europe? North America? South America? Who knows? Keep the people well nourished so they can concentrate on what they are learning.

Working in the kitchen can look like lots of different things … barbequing several hundred pounds of beef, racking up 179 pizzas for baking, or trying in vain to open the door of the large freezer and finally getting help form the ironman! Lots of people here are into the triathlon / ironman thing.

Now picture the dishes – plenty of dishes.

Some times it is slow in the kitchen and sometimes it is hard to keep up! At the end of the day I am always tired and I think dehydrated. This week I will try to consume much more water … speaking of water … I am thinking of the next blog it will be about weekends!

2 comments:

rubyslipperlady said...

This makes me smile.

I can't imagine why you would be tired? heeheehee

Good News said...

Want to know the benefits of the keto diet? The Ketogenic diet refers to a form of dieting where high fats, adequate.
stainless steel salad spinner